CeraNova’s employees work at the leading edge of innovation to create solutions for our customers. We value every employee and are focused on offering opportunities for growth while promoting a culture based on integrity and trust. At CeraNova we work hard to ensure the success of our customers while promoting a corporate culture based on integrity, trust, and open communication.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays and vacation. Open positions will be filled by direct hire only.
DoD Contract Employment Restrictions and ITAR Regulations for US Citizenship apply.
No phone calls please. No recruiters, search firms or temporary employment agents.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performs ceramic powder or product testing such as viscosity, solids percent, shrinkage, moisture content, and density utilizing math skills to calculate surfaces, volumes, weights and measures.
- Works with Manufacturing to fabricate ceramic parts to customer specifications by executing SOPs for ceramic mix and slurry preparation, part forming, heat treatment and densification, material properties and dimensional measurements.
- Performs computations and plots data in the creation of graphs and charts for the production floor or leadership as required.
- Helps develop and maintain drawings, procedures, work instructions, and other manufacturing documentation.
- Assists with quality control measures including incoming materials inspection and qualification as well as in-process product inspection and measurement.
- Works with R&D to execute experiments, develop new processes, determine feasibility, and establish material requirements.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Cleans equipment and work areas as needed and maintains compliance with applicable environmental requirements.
- Exhibits troubleshooting skills for non-functioning equipment reports any deviations.
- Follows and recording procedures and actions for preventative maintenance of fabrication and test equipment.
- Keeps neat, detailed, and organized records of all research, design, and development work through laboratory notebook and written summary reports.
- Provide updates on manufacturing progress to the engineering and management teams in a routine and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years’ experience in ceramics processing, materials science, or chemistry; or Associates degree with minimum 5 years’ experience in similar fields
- Working knowledge of ceramic powder handling and processing, mixing, forming, drying, high temperature heat-treatment, materials inspection and testing methods
- Basic understanding of Quality Management Systems under ISO 9001
- Experience with developing and documenting procedures and work instructions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A product quality focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly present ideas and issues in written and verbal formats.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Independent thinker with proactive approach to solving problems and identifying preventive actions.
- Comfortable working and interacting in a small team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting where priorities can shift and quick response times are paramount.